Telephone: +49 (0)931 31-84350
Fax: +49 (0)931 31-84352
University of Würzburg
Department of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
Biocenter - Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg, Germany
- ecosystem services
- dynamics of ecosystems
- plant-insect interactions
Promoting wild bee communities with pollinator friendly seed mixes - benefits and caveats
- comparing native and non-native wildflower meadows regarding their associated bee communities
- analyzing nutritional values of floral resources (pollen and nectar)
- experimental field study at the Beltsville research farm, University of Maryland (USA)
The potential of old sand mines as bee habitat
- bee monitoring in sand mines in Maryland, USA
Oct 2009 – Oct 2011: M.Sc. Sustainability Sciences, Leuphana University of Lüneburg, Germany
- master thesis in cooperation with and funded by University of California, Davis, USA: The impact of pesticide use on flower visitor activity and pollination in onion (Allium cepa L.) seed production
Oct 2005 – Feb 2009: B.Sc. International Degree Course Industrial and Environmental Biology, Bremen University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Sept 2007 – Jan 2008: exchange student at the Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Dec 2011 – Jul 2014: employed at the Climate Protection Agency Hanover Region, Germany
- developing and carrying out municipal climate protection concepts within the framework of the National Climate Initiative funded by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment
Apr 2011 – Oct 2011: student assistant at the Institute for Environmental Communication, Leuphana University of Lüneburg, Germany
Oct 2010 – Nov 2010: employed at the Centre for Sustainability Management, Leuphana University of Lüneburg, Germany
Mar 2010: internship at the Representation of Lower Saxony at the European Union, Brussels
Apr 2009 – Jul 2009: Commerzbank funded Internship for the Environment (Praktikum für die Umwelt) at the National Park Harz, Germany
Feb 2008 – Jun 2008: working in the project Environmental Pedagogy, Ecotourism and Civil Rights at the Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Carolina Diller, Nicola Seitz, Charles B. Fenster (2017). Selection response for stamen length adaptive accuracy in Brassica rapa. Manuscript in preparation.
Nicola Seitz, Kirsten S. Traynor, Nathalie Steinhauer, Karen Rennich, Michael E. Wilson, James D. Ellis, Robyn Rose, David R. Tarpy, Ramesh R. Sagili, Dewey M. Caron, Keith S. Delaplane, Juliana Rangel, Kathleen Lee, Kathy Baylis, James T. Wilkes, John A. Skinner, Jeffery S. Pettis, Dennis vanEngelsdorp (2016). A national survey of managed honey bee 2014-2015 annual colony losses in the USA. Journal of Apicultural Research 54 (4): 292-304.
Sandra Gillespie, Rachael Long, Nicola Seitz, Neal Williams (2014). Insecticide use in hybrid onion seed production affects pre- and post-pollination processes. Journal of Economic Entomology 107 (1): 29-37.
Nicola Seitz, Sara D. Leonhardt, Dennis vanEngelsdorp (2016). Are sand mines an underestimated habitat for wild bee communities? International Conference on Pollinator Biology, Health and Policy (Penn State, USA).